Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More Fire Devastation

So…  Just when I posted and thought that the worst of the fire was over, Sunday came with 50 mph winds.  It is amazing what high winds will do to fire.

This is from our front yard.

monument fire 2011.1 008

These are pictures I stole from people who were much more daring than I at getting close.

monument fire 4monument fire 5monument fire 1monument fire 8

Many people lost homes Sunday night, even some good friends.  I am at awe.  It is funny I always thought that disasters happened everywhere else and we were safe because we do not have tornados, hurricanes, flooding or other problems, but I learned this week that disasters happen everywhere.

1 comments:

bamatamb said...

Wow--that is scary! I hope that you guys will stay safe. You're in my prayers!

Post a Comment